Friday, March 20, 2009

Time Line

I still am having a difficult time starting to write the historical story. So I have decided that along with an outline I will make an event time line as to create a baseline for the historical story. I figure the only way I can make an accurate history is by creating a time line with events , or else how would I write the story. The time line might even wind up being a story feature itself where each major event will spawn a new chapter or story within a story.

2 comments:

  1. I think the timeline comes after a character. Test drive a character in a short story and see where the time is. After you are grounded it will much easier to create a time line.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would create the time-line first. Characters will come and go/change but the time-line is what they should be based on.

    Just like DM/GMing, you create the environment/story line first and then fill in the characters.

    Later,
    Dan

    ReplyDelete